Square City works as a talent specialist for various sectors. We bundle industry experience and extensive networks of professionals. As a result, we take care of the inflow and outflow of talent for our clients, from recruitment & selection assignments, project sourcing, assessment and development centres, etc.
One of our major logistics clients is looking for a Trader
in the Antwerp region. Are you the talented Trader we are looking for?
The responsibilities for this position are:
The required qualifications are:
- You will take responsibility to set and pursue the (trading) market development strategy for your assigned region
- You will grow a portfolio of profitable customers & transactions through the creation of strong relationships with trustworthy customers and suppliers within the emerging markets
- You will report to the BU Manager
- You will frequent travel to the assigned region and occasional global travel will be needed.
This is what our client offers:
- You are a graduate or you have a first experience in the trading business, preferably as a business developer.
- Your education is commercial, technical or logistic oriented (Commercial Engineer, Economic or Commercial Sciences, Sales Management, Forwarding & Logistics).
- You understand the complexities of supply chain.
- You have the willingness to travel to emerging economies and build relationships and deals with various types of people & cultures.
- You have the ability to work in a commercial matrix organization.
- You are pragmatic and have a no nonsense mentality.
- You speak and write fluent English, French & Spanish. Speaking Dutch is a plus.
- Preferably, you have a network in the business and have a good understanding of the markets: steel/polymers/pulp and paper/fertilizers, or chemicals.
- You have both commercial prospecting and negotiation skills and experience are a plus.
- You are an enthusiastic and a goal oriented person who likes to take initiative with a large degree of autonomy.
- A commercial feeling with emerging markets is a serious plus.
- You have a working visa or the Belgian nationality.
- In this responsible job you get a good monthly salary complemented by a complete package of fringe benefits.
- You will join a global player with a strong reputation and where a good work/life balance is important.
- A job full of variety with long-term perspectives in an international environment.
- You will immediately get a permanent contract.